3 Reasons why you’re still addicted

“The opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is connection.”

Johann Hari

Remember when dad scolded you for smoking that joint, or those times you stumbled into the living room to find your mom in tears because of your destructive love for alcohol?

Lectures would follow suit, but the problem wasn’t the horse fodder you were learning about the root of addiction and all those sermons about the lie that being sober was the key to avoiding the condition’s bittersweet bosom.

The problem was the degree of ignorance that the people around you had about the reason you were addicted. It’s more than just “alcohol is addictive because it feels good”. Three of the largest causes for addiction are a lack of emotional connection, a unique genetic makeup and the ‘addictive’ nature of drugs, alcohol and destructive behaviour.

The first is often misunderstood. You can’t help an addict that was raised out of love and emotional connection by negatively reprimanding them without understanding the root of the problem.

The second is a result of ‘bad’ genes. If your family has a history of addiction, odds are that you are more likely to become addicted to substances or destructive behaviours, regardless of your upbringing. This is according to psychiatrist Thando Sivile Melapi, and links to the third reason for addiction: if you’re a sucker for serotonin, you’ll be a sucker for the doses.

If you or anyone you know suffers from addiction, please get help. Seeking professional help like therapy or psychiatric and psychological assistance is the first step to finding the root of the problem.

14 thoughts on “3 Reasons why you’re still addicted

• June 14, 2020 at 7:11 pm

I love looking through a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

• July 10, 2020 at 3:38 am

YOU NEED HELP FOR SEO LINK BUILDING?

We offer you the BEST SEO STRATEGY for 2020, my name is Randall Markley, and I’m a SEO Specialist.

I just checked out your website beingmagazine.co.za, and wanted to find out if you need help for SEO Link Building ?

Build unlimited number of Backlinks and increase Traffic to your websites which will lead to a higher number of customers and much more sales for you.

SEE FOR YOURSELF=> https://bit.ly/3dhrKtA

• July 17, 2020 at 11:18 pm

I am the business owner of JustCBD Store brand (justcbdstore.com) and I’m presently looking to expand my wholesale side of company. I really hope that anybody at targetdomain give me some advice . I considered that the most ideal way to do this would be to reach out to vape companies and cbd retailers. I was hoping if anybody could recommend a trusted site where I can buy CBD Shops Sales Leads I am currently looking at creativebeartech.com, theeliquidboutique.co.uk and wowitloveithaveit.com. Not exactly sure which one would be the most suitable option and would appreciate any assistance on this. Or would it be simpler for me to scrape my own leads? Suggestions?

• July 18, 2020 at 12:51 am

YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS for your: beingmagazine.co.za

My name is Al Deniehy, and I’m a Web Traffic Specialist. I can get:
    – visitors from search engines
    – visitors from social media
    – visitors from any country you want
    – very low bounce rate & long visit duration

CLAIM YOUR 24 HOURS FREE TEST => https://bit.ly/3h750yC

• August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm

YOU NEED POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS THAT BUY FROM YOU ?

I’m talking about a better promotion method than all that exists on the market right now, even better than email marketing.
    Just like you received this message from me, this is exactly how you can promote your business or product.

Do you want more details or do you want to receive a TEST ?
    CHECK HERE=> https://bit.ly/Good_Promotion

• August 8, 2020 at 2:39 am

YOU NEED POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS THAT BUY FROM YOU ?

Do you want more details or do you want to receive a TEST ?
    CHECK HERE=> https://bit.ly/Good_Promotion

• August 8, 2020 at 1:46 pm

YOU NEED POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS THAT BUY FROM YOU ?

Do you want more details or do you want to receive a TEST ?
    CHECK HERE=> https://bit.ly/Good_Promotion

• August 8, 2020 at 8:34 pm

Kill Thousands Of Mosquitoes, Protect Family From Nasty Bites!

For so many years, Mosquitoes and harmful bugs have caused us a lot of pain which leads to sickness, painful itching and lastly death.
    Thanks to this amazing device, you can easily put an end to this terrible insects and live happily without any mosquito worries.
    See This Device: https://zeep.ly/TjVGR

• August 10, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Quality articles or reviews is the crucial to attract the people to pay a quick visit the site, that’s
    what this website is providing.

• August 11, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know
    if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.

I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with
    experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!